The WordPal Super1000 was equipped with DTP (DeskTop Publishing) features, and was announced in 1987 as an integrated Japanese language word processor.
- 15-inch display, one 3.5-inch FDD, a 20 megabyte 5-inch HDD and a mouse
- Input could be done smoothly using multiple windows (which allowed viewing of multiple documents at the same time) and by using the mouse to select menu options given as easy-to-understand icons.
- Enhanced basic functions, such as simultaneous editing of multiple documents,layout editing and mid-sentence direct input
- Automatic conversion of up to a maximum of 700 characters could be done using automatic kana-kanji conversion which required no conversion work.
- Numerous options were available, including a laser printer, image scanner and document communication.