In 1990, Hitachi announced the "with me BP-10", a compact personal word processor the size of an A4 binder.
- Compact size -- about the same as an A4 binder, with a thickness of 52mm-- which enabled use outdoors with the built-in battery
- 640x400 black and white LCD with backlight, and one 3.5-inch FDD
- The user could select their favorite color from 3 different body colors.
- Ambiguous homonyms could be correctly and automatically converted using AI kana-kanji conversion based on 150,000 examples.
- A 40 character/second thermal transfer printer which could handle thick paper by inserting the paper horizontally.
- Support for four fonts -- Minchotai, Gothic, Cursive and Brushstroke -- to suit the purpose of use.