This was the world's first A4 binder size notebook personal computer, marketed by Toshiba in 1989. Greater compactness (310(W) x 254(D) x 44(H)) and lighter weight (2.7kg) were achieved by surface mount technology,LSI based on super-integration technology,logic circuits as gate arrays, and a thin liquid crystal display with backlight. Main features other than size and weight were as follows:
- 80C86 CPU (10MHz). A maximum of 3.5 megabytes of memory (1.5 megabytes standard)
- A resume function for restoring the state of the machine when it was last turned OFF at power ON
- Liquid crystal display with EL backlight
- Battery pack which could be used for 2.5 hours
- ATOK7 from Just Systems was provided as the ROM-base kana-kanji conversion dictionary (for converting from the Japanese alphabet to Chinese characters).
- External storage unit: FDD (1.2 megabyte/720 kilobyte)