This was a multi-purpose computer with a 32-bit architecture, marketed by Toshiba in 1987. The first three marketed models were the V-7050, V-7060 and V-7070, and the lower-end models (the V-7040 and V-7030) were marketed in April 1988. The V-7000 Series was unified by integrating the architecture of the "DP Series" of distributed processing computers and the "Q Series" of OA processors. Main features were as follows:
- (1) Max. 256 kilobyte cache memory
- (2) Employed 20,000 gate CMOS LSI (This became 100,000 gate CMOS LSI in 1987)
- (3) Employed high-speed disk controller (transfer speed, 2.4 megabytes/second)
- (4) Support for "RDB/V" relational database
- (5) Support for VNET to enable distributed processing using the V-7000 Series, DP Series and Q Series
- (6) OSI/FTAM-MHS support
- (7) Support for software development support capabilities
- "MYSTAR" integrated software development support environment
- "SPCLAN" for automatic generation of programs from specifications
- Inspection coverage measurement capability
- Online simulators
- (8) Full set of OA subsystems
- Composite document processing "OAEDITOR"
- Japanese document creation "OAJDES"
- Spreadsheet "OACALC5"
- Graph processing "OAGRAPH5"
- Drawing "OADRAW"
- Electronic mail "OAMAIL"
|Number of CPUs||1||1||1||1||2|
|Cabinet size (WxDxH)||45 x 80
|60 x 80 x
|105 x 80
|105 x 80
|MT||Cartridge MT (1/4" 140MB)
Vertical MT (GCR: 1600bpi, 6250bpi)
Horizontal MT (PE: 1600bpi, GCR: 1600bpi, 6250bpi)
|Max. 1 drive||Max. 2 drive||Max. 4 drive||Max. 6 drive|
|Printers||Kanji SP (63/75/100/135CPS), LP (240/400/800OLPM)
Kanji LP (200/360LPM) page printer (Max. 20 sheet/min, 1250LPM)
|OCR||OCR-V395, V595, V3030, V3050|
|Workstations||Max. 64||Max. 96||Max. 128||Max. 192||Max. 224|
|Communication lines||Max. 16||Max. 32||Max. 64||Max. 96||Max. 96|