Marketed by Oki Electric Industry in 1989, the OKIsystemA10 Series (Models 10, 30, 50 and 70) used the 80386 CPU (for Models 10, 30 and 50) and the 80486 CPU (Model 70). The series was equipped with MS-DOS and also provided processing using general-purpose OA software.
The OKIsystemA100 Series, which was marketed at the same time, was designed based on a few basic concepts, including: support for network systems, providing OA functionality for personal computers, and achieving a uniform application architecture. This series employed a 32-bit MPU, and had a maximum main memory capacity of 32 megabytes. In terms of logical space, it achieved a large maximum capacity of 3 gigabytes. In addition, the series was equipped with the is-1 integrated office system, and provided decision-making support capabilities for corporate management.
Main features were as follows:
- (1) Higher performance
- All models used a 32-bit CPU. The high-end models (A10 Model 70LX, A100 Model 710LX and 910LX) achieved CPU performance 1.6 times better than lower-end models. Performance was also improved by 1.2-1.3 times in terms of system throughput between models at the same level.
- (2) Ease and expandability of system construction
- All models supported the TCP/IP international standard protocol, and LANs could be built using 10BASE2. This eliminated the need for auxiliary work, and made it possible to flexibly cope with expansion in the number of terminals. The A10 Model 70LX enabled connection of 10 workstations, the A100 Model 710LX 48 workstations, and the Model 910LX 64 workstations, so the series could respond to expansion in system scale.
- (3) AX personal computer connection
- As workstations for the A10/A100, it was possible to connect the A10 lower-end Model 10, the if800RX/EX/GX Series, and the AX personal computer. It was also possible to use notebook and laptop personal computers as workstations.
- (4) Faster file access
- To achieve faster file access, the A100 Series used optional disk cache (the write back type) to improve database performance, and achieved a speed 3 times higher than previous Oki's previous level.
- (5) Power supply control capability
- The series supported automatic power ON/OFF switching to enable automatic startup and shutdown. This provided unmanned startup based on a timer setting, and planned automatic shutdown for system setup or at the end of processing.
|Magnetic disk unit||Standard||134MB
|Max. 590MB x6|
|Floppy disk unit||Standard||5inch x1|
|Maximum||Max. 8inch x2||5inch or 8inchx2|
|Maximum||Max. 4||Max. 8||Max. 16||Max. 48||Max. 16||Max. 48|
|OKIsystemA10, if800RX/EX/GX Series,
If AX Series (notebook, laptop, desktop)
|Network configuration||Ethernet 802.3 (TCP/IP)|